Thursday, January 24, 2013

Behind The Entrepreneur

       What makes one an entrepreneur? To me the answer is simple, the unwillingness to accept conventional or otherwise expected means of providing for oneself and taking the risk to be your own brand.  Refusing to believe the path we’re force fed our entire lives is the only way to success.   Understanding success is not limited to or measured by wealth.  Recognizing you are more than a degree, certificate, job description, social class or any other label is liberating. The desire to embrace your individuality offers one a fresh perspective of what’s important.  The moment I realized my talents were more than avocations my identity manifested.   I started to see through the bullshit and opened my mind to alternate means of earning my way.  If I could find a way to turn my blessings into something more, then I too could reach greater heights of purpose and satisfaction.  Happiness gained new meaning when I gained the courage to leave the herd.  My heart was filled with energy, my spirit overwhelmed with creativity, my entire essence inspired to see what life truly had to offer.   
            Erase everything you’ve ever learned and what’s left?  Instinct, survival of the fittest, family and a clean slate to mold and refine.  If this is how we started what entity corrupted us into accepting anything other than what we love as significant or real?  I hold no authority to deem my answer absolute but in my eyes it has to do with the notion that economic progress is more important than personal and individual development.  Some where along the way man was brainwashed into believing society is more precious than the personalities that make it.  I for one am tired of being told how I’m “supposed” to live my life and what to I’m “supposed” to believe. 
            When time and time again institutions crumble, economies collapse and conventional thinking is disproved it amazes me that the majority of people are still disillusioned and fooled back into the scheme.  I am not a creature meant to live restrained by any structural agenda.  I am what no one else can be, me, and I plan to stay that way.  I am a survivor and a fighter.  I can see the blows coming my way and react accordingly.  I don’t look away, I don’t look down, I stare adversity dead on and keep it at bay.  I am an artist and creator.  I appreciate the beauty around me and express it in my own unique way.  I don’t alter my creativity to satisfy others or shy away at criticism.  I continue to produce my feelings and emotions into something tangible so I might gain deeper understanding of my inner self.  I am a leader. I am a teacher. I am a listener. I am an entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment